The last couple weeks have been pretty crazy, what with writing and submitting a grant to make my upcoming album, family events, extra gigs, rehearsing for a faculty recital at MacPhail tonight (look for video of that soon), rehearsing for our Brazilian Carnaval next weekend (yes, it’s later than the real one in Brazil), and health insurance fun.
Naturally, I wanted to make my life a little bit easier by not writing a new post this week, AND I want to promote the idea that we can let something go every once in a while, in support of giving ourselves what we need (in this case, a bit more rest). Nothing terrible will happen, because there’s no such thing as a blogging emergency!
If you’re feeling frazzled, I invite you to consider what you might let go of, just this once (or completely, if needed).
So, here’s a quick roundup of posts for surviving (and thriving, if possible) during crazy times:
- Self-Care for Musicians Caught in the Holiday Hustle (applicable at any time of year)
- Self-Care Resources for Musicians
- Balancing Rest and the Hustle (The Struggle is Real)
- Experimenting With Ease
- 10 Survival Strategies for Busy Times
- What is Enough? (AKA, you’re doing enough - probably more than enough!)
- On Feeling Unmotivated
I hope these are helpful to you - wishing you a restful weekend!