UPCOMING NEWS AND OPPORTUNITIES (Also see this year's calendar (below) for opportunities.)
March's theme is improvisation, including lots of exercises and off-the-bench activities!
• Spring recital: Fri., March 23 at 7pm (same place as usual).
• No lessons (Spring Break): April 2 - 6.
2017-18 SWAP LIST: The link to this year's swap list was emailed to participating families in mid-September. If you need the link, please contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the document shared with you. Always check via the link, as this is always the most current version.
2017-18 STUDIO CALENDAR
2017-18 calendar in pdf format can be viewed or downloaded here.
2017-18 STUDIO POLICY
2017-18 studio policy in pdf format can be viewed or downloaded here.
CONTESTS, EXAMS, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
APPI Listen Up: a music listening program for all ages - this year's theme is Exploring Composers - more information here.
APPI Arts Appreciation Award: This program helps students develop an appreciation for the many facets of the arts - more information here.
MMTA State Piano Contest: Preliminaries Sat. & Sun. Jan. 27-28, 2018 at Bethel University (reg. deadline Dec. 1, 2017)
SOME RECOMMENDED iPAD/iPHONE MUSIC APPS
• Piano Maestro (iPad only) - A HUGE hit and treasure trove of material. Monthly fee, but well worth it.
• iReal Pro - has thousands of chord charts and creates backing tracks with a rhythm section
• Anytune - for slowing down music files for practice or transcription